A charming hotel set right in the heart of one of old Istanbul’s most atmospheric quarters. The Best Western Amber Hotel is in the middle of Kumkapi, famous for its fish restaurants and street entertainers, an area which is popular with tourists and locals alike. It has been recently renovated to provide the best standard of accommodation in the area.
The minarets of the Blue Mosque are visible from the hotel’s rooftop restaurant, where breakfast is served as an open buffet. It also affords guests stunning views over the sea of Marmara.
This Ottoman mansion-style hotel has a small enclosed garden where lunch and dinner can also be enjoyed, and where barbecues are sometimes held in the summer months.
Kumkapi is convenient both for the historic sites of old Istanbul, and also for the seafront and the Sea of Marmara. From the nearby port of Eminönü, ferries leave for trips along the Bosphorus or to cross to the Asian side of the city.
Total rooms: 27 rooms, 25 of which are standard rooms and 2 are duplex family rooms with a bedroom on each floor. Some of the standard rooms can sleep 3.
- Rooms have been recently refurbished and are all air-conditioned, with
- a minibar,
- safety deposit box,
- en suite shower and WC. hairdryer,
- Coffee and tea-making facilities,
- iron and ironing board are available on request.
- wi-fi internet access thoughout the hotel
- lift to all floors
- PC in the lobby area for guests’ use.
Transfer & Distances
- In the heart of Kumkapi, 10 minutes’ walk from the Grand Bazaar and the Blue Mosque.
- 45 minute transfer from Istanbul Atatürk Airport.