1. Monday (Luxor & Karnak)
Fly to Luxor with a direct charter flight from the UK. Arrive in Luxor and transfer to the Nile Premium before visiting the stunning Temple of Karnak, and the Temple of Luxor. Optional Excursion to Sound & Light Show at Karnak Temple.
2. Tuesday (The West Bank)
After breakfast leave by coach to visit the West Bank, including two or three tombs in the Valley of the Kings and at least two more in the Valley of the Queens. Continue to the Temple of Hatshepsut and the Colossi of Memnon. Set sail for Edfu. Dinner on board.
3. Wednesday (Edfu & Kom Ombo)
After breakfast visit the Temple of Horus in Edfu. Lunch on board. Afternoon tea and sail to the Temple of Kom Ombo shared by the gods Haroeris and the crocodile deity Sobek. Continue to Aswan, Egypt’s southernmost city. Dinner & Overnight.
4. Thursday (Philae & Aswan)
After breakfast visit the Aswan High Dam, the ancient granite quarries and the Unfinished Obelisk before continuing to the Island of Philae, with its Temple of Isis. Lunch on board. Sail on the Nile in a traditional felucca around Kitchener’s Island. Afternoon tea and dinner.
5. Friday (Aswan)
After breakfast, disembarkation from the Nile Premium and transfer to the Mövenpick Resort on Elephantine Island for the rest of your holiday. Elephantine Island is an idyllic island, set in the midst of the Nile. Perfect for those who just want to spend the rest of their holiday relaxing and enjoying the favourable climate, it is also a great base for exploring the surrounding areas.
6. Saturday (Aswan)
Choose to spend your days relaxing by the pool, admiring the stunning views over the city of Aswan, or continue with your sightseeing independently taking in the ancient temple of Khnum and the historic Nilometers on Elephantine Island itself.
7. Sunday (Aswan)
Take the hotel’s free shuttle boat service into Aswan to visit the ancient souk, one of the best outside Cairo to stock up on some souvenirs.
8. Monday (Return to UK)
Transfer from Aswan to Luxor for your return flight to the UK.
Included in the price of this holiday
- 4 nights Nile cruise staying on the M/S Nile Premium based on full board including, breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon tea
- 3 nights stay at the Mövenpick Resort in Aswan based on bed & breakfast
- Return Charter flights from UK to Luxor
- Private transfers in air-conditioned car from airports in Egypt to accommodation and from Aswan to Luxor.
- Excursions as detailed above (excluding optional excursions), accompanied by a fully qualified English-speaking Egyptologist.