Sample itinerary: 7 day tour: Istanbul - Gallipoli - Acropolis of Pergamum - Troy - Ephesus - Hierapolis - Fethiye
Turkey’s cultural heritage including Istanbul, the battlefields of Gallipoli, ancient Troy and Ephesus and Fethiye.
Day 1 & 2: UK to Istanbul and the Old City
Fly to Istanbul and transfer to hotel for overnight in Istanbul. After breakfast, you will visit Blue Mosque, St Sophia Museum, Topkapi Palace and the Hippodrome. In the afternoon, you will have an option to have a half day Bosphorous cruise. Stay overnight in Istanbul.
Day 3: Gallipoli
After breakfast, you will visit WWI battlefields of Gallipoli including Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, ANZAC Cove, The Nek, Johnston's Jolly, original trenches and tunnels. You will have your dinner and stay overnight in Gallipoli.
Day 4: Troy and Acropolis of Pergamum
After breakfast, you will be driven to Troy to visit the evocative site of the ancient city of Troy, a World Heritage Site, and the scene of the famous legend. Continue to Pergamum to visit the impressive ruins of this ancient city. Its acropolis is set high on a hillside and dominates the surrounding countryside and it Asclepion, once a renowned centre of medicine. You will have your dinner and stay overnight in Kusadasi.
Day 5: Ephesus
After breakfast, you will visit to the site of the Temple of Artemis. Having explored the ancient city, you will visit the Ottoman town of Sirince where you can taste lovely fruit wines and see carpet weaving. You will have your dinner and stay overnight in Kusadasi.
Day 6: Pamukkale and Hierapolis
After breakfast, you will visit magnificent white calcium terraces, known as Travertines, in Pamukkale and this will be followed by another tour to the ancient city of Hierapolis. You will have your dinner and stay overnight in Fethiye.
Day 7: Fethiye
After breakfast, the tour ends in Fethiye.
- Ephesus - UNESCO Heritage site
- Gallipoli - Chunuk Bair - New Zealand Memorial
- Gallipoli - Lone Pine - Australian Memorial
- Gallipoli Battlefields Tour
- Istanbul - Hippodrome
- Istanbul - St. Sophia Museum
- Pamukkale - Calcium Travertines - UNESCO Heritage site
- Pergamum - UNESCO Heritage site
- Site of the Temple of Artemis
- Gallipoli - ANZAC Cove
- Gallipoli - Johnson's Jolly - original tunnels
- Gallipoli - The Nek - original trenches
- Istanbul - Blue Mosque
- Istanbul - Old City - UNESCO Heritage site
- Istanbul - Topkapi Palace
- Pamukkale - Hierapolis
- Sirince - Village
- Troy - UNESCO Heritage site
We offer flexible departures from all major UK airports. The tour starts on every Saturday and ends on every Friday between 2 March 2019 - 28 December 2019.
The price of this holiday includes:
- Turkish Airlines flights to Istanbul from Gatwick, Heathrow, Manchester, Birmingham , Edinburgh, Dublin.
- Transfer from airport to your hotel in Istanbul.
- 2 nights in Boutique hotels in Istanbul - Breakfast and Dinner.
- 1 night in a 5-start hotel in Gallipoli - Breakfast and Dinner.
- 2 nights in a Boutique hotel in Kusadasi - Breakfast and Dinner.
- 1 night in a Boutique hotel in Fethiye - Breakfast and Dinner.